Job Standard for Ticketing Services, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Ticketing Services, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Non-classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75634
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Performing Arts
- Function: Production
Supervise box office operations, manage events using computerized ticketing software, distribute and account for daily ticket sales as well as group and season tickets and work with event promoters. Oversee Box Office staff.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with difficult people including promoters, staff and patrons to provide excellent customer service while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize tasks and multi-task in a busy environment while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate with others
- Ability to interpret and enforce University and box office policies and procedures.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate and train others in exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to use positive language, time management, to ‘read’ customers, calming presence, goal-oriented focus, ability to handle surprises, persuasion, tenacity, closing ability, empathy, willingness to learn, friendly, polite, respectful, active listening, responsive and seek feedback.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and email software, Strong ability to learn new software and explore new applications of existing software.
- Knowledge of or experience with box office or related work and computerized ticketing software.
- Knowledge of or experience with supervisory role.
- Ability to manage daily decision-making authority, primarily pertaining to customer service issues.
- Ability to plan event builds, e.g., decide how to scale/price sections and where to place holds.
60% of the Time the Ticketing Services, Manager must:
- Manage day-to-day box office operations, implement and maintain box office standards.
- Hire, schedule, train and supervise box office staff including daily and event staff.
- Deliver a high level of customer service at all times including responding to inquiries from patrons regarding ticket needs, complaints and other issues.
- Reconcile sales reports, payments and generate weekly deposit report.
- Evaluate and set box office policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with system controls and cash handling procedures.
- Facilitate specialized ticketing campaigns, supervise group ticketing process for events as needed; group sales prospecting and sales.
- Assist Promoters and other Stakeholders, act as primary liaison for local groups for ticketing.
- Prepare final audits and other reports for settlement.
- May include preparing rental event licensing contracts, track event contract deadlines, deposits and collection, insurance, etc. and ensure deliverables meet University requirements.
- Supervise temporary, part-time students and event worker staff.
35% of the Time the Ticketing Services, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of the Time the Ticketing Services, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
The employee in this position must be able to work extended hours, including nights and weekends. Event days frequently require that he/she be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and move freely and continually about the theatre, both interior and exterior spaces, parking lots and campus.
Employee will occasionally need to lift 10 – 30 lbs – boxes of ticket stock, envelopes or office supplies. Employee may also need to service a ticket printer which weighs approximately 12 lbs.
May be required to travel with overnight stays for training.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.