Job Standard for Training Specialist, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Training Specialist, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75247
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Human Resources
- Function: Organizational Development
Develops, teaches and evaluates non-credit courses, workshops and certificate programs for all employees at Boise State University. Duties include instructional design, training facilitation, client relationship building, curriculum development and e-learning instructional design and evaluation.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of facilitation methods
- Knowledge of supervisor, leadership and managerial skills and experience in a position
- Good knowledge of web design principles
60% of Time the Training Specialist, Senior must:
- Works with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to evaluate skill gaps and how to effectively close the gaps. Consults with management regarding organizational effectiveness and employee development needs.
- Effectively uses a variety of media and content in course and program development. Provides adult learning development and consultation services to other departments to assist them with development and maintenance of curriculum, including Train the Trainer sessions.
- Writes participants and instructor manuals, supplemental materials, job aids, e-learning modules, video and audio-visuals for courses. Facilitates/presents in-person training to adult groups using a variety of training methods.
- Schedule all training events – identifies facilities, speakers, and participants. Assists with the preparation and monitoring of training funds. Maintains the Learning and Development website and manages online registration system and process.
35% of Time the Training Specialist, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Training Specialist, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.