Job Standard for Transcript Evaluator, Chief
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Transcript Evaluator, Chief Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 01168
- Pay Grade: J
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 3
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Recruitment & Admissions
To provide technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students and resolve technical evaluation problems; may supervise transcript evaluation staff or evaluate transfer credits or academic and vocational graduation requirements and determine eligibility per National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) academic requirements; perform related work.
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
Experience: researching, interpreting and applying university policies and procedures demonstrating a considerable knowledge of transfer credit issues or graduation requirements; interpreting, applying and explaining university academic and vocational program requirements; compiling data and preparing reports; using on-line database systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service..
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
60% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Chief must:
- Provide technical information to faculty, staff, and students and potential students regarding the degree audit module of the Student Record System. Advise staff and administrators on technical and evaluation problems; make presentations to various groups; recommend policies and procedures; develop transfer and graduation credit guides.
- May hire, train and supervise transcript evaluation staff who analyze and process graduation and transfer credit evaluations.
- May determine eligibility/compliance for student athletes as set forth by the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the appropriate athletic conference, and the University. Analyze and process graduation and transfer credit evaluations.
35% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Chief
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Chief
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Transcript Evaluator, Chief
Other professional positions
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.