Job Standard for Transcript Evaluator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Transcript Evaluator, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 01170
- Pay Grade: I
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Recruitment & Admissions
To evaluate transfer credits and/or academic and vocational graduation requirements; provide technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Experience: researching, interpreting and applying university policies and procedures relating to transfer credits or graduation requirements; interpreting, applying and explaining university academic and vocational program requirements; computing grade point averages; compiling data and preparing reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
60% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Senior must:
- Reviews transfer transcripts to insure they are official; determines accreditation status of transfer institution; analyzes transcripts to insure courses are acceptable; determines credit value of transfer credits and converts to semester hours; analyzes course descriptions to convert transfer courses to university equivalents; prepares summary of accepted transfer credits; advises students and processes information on accepted credits; evaluates military service and non-traditional experiences for granting credit; prepares preliminary evaluations of graduation credits.
- Analyzes graduation applications to determine degree type, major, and catalog year; computes credits attempted and earned, quality points, and cumulative grade point average (GPA); determines requirements completed and to be completed for graduation; analyzes transcripts to insure residency, total credit, and GPA requirements will be met; notifies students of graduation status and reports deficiencies; processes graduation information; reviews final grades to insure students have fulfilled requirements; reviews requests for waiver or adjustment of academic requirements; maintains graduation records and prepares reports on graduation statistics.
- Provides information on policies and procedures relating to transfer and veteran’s credits, graduation, athletic eligibility, non-traditional credits and academic waivers to faculty, staff, and students; answers questions from other institutions regarding transfer credit policies; consults with department administrators regarding change; provides information to students during registration; may supervise clerical or student workers.
35% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Transcript Evaluator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Transcript Evaluator, Senior
Transcript Evaluator, Chief
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.