Job Standard for TRIO Programs, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
TRIO Programs, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75079
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To provide professional leadership and management in the supervision and implementation for the TRIO Programs.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous experience working with low-income populations and or veterans.
- Background in financial aid, admissions, and basic skills curriculum design.
- Bilingual/bicultural and/or experience working with multicultural populations.
- Grants administration experience.
60% of Time the TRIO Programs, Manager must:
- Conducts public relations activities for TRIO programs and provides the TRIO stakeholders with regular informal progress reports.
- Coordinates with other TRIO programs to establish an overall service model and to provide excellent customer service to the university community.
- Hiring and training of TRIO program employees.
- Evaluation of all TRIO program staff. Coordinates schedules with staff.
- Maintains budget, including authorization of all program expenditures, and other financial aspects.
- Responsible for interpreting and implementing new and current program regulations within the U. S. Department of Education.
- Monitors project progress toward achieving objectives and documents program performance.
- Responsible for writing TRIO program grants with possible additional grants written that fit within the goals of the TRIO program, and negotiates grants with the US Department of Education.
- Review all communication from the Council for Opportunity in Education, Northwest Association of Special Programs, representatives and senators, other TRIO personnel across the country
35% of Time the TRIO Programs, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the TRIO Programs, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.