Job Standard for Tutor 3
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Tutor 3 Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95006
- Pay Grade: I
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 3
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To provide academic support to students
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range of specialized skills and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
BA or MA
Previous experience at the Tutor 1 or Tutor 2 Levels
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to listen to and understand information and directions presented through written and spoken words
- Ability to communicate information in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to team-up individuals for successful outcomes
- Ability to supervise others
60% of Time the Tutor 3 must:
- Assign students to tutors
- Monitors performance and pairing to ensure success
- Supervises and consults with lover level tutors and students to ensure that the recommended plan is working effectively
- Monitor and adjusts instructional plan as needed
35% of Time the Tutor 3
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Tutor 3
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
No travel required for Tutor 3
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.