Job Standard for Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 1174
- Pay Grade: J
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor 1
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Recruitment & Admissions
To supervise and coordinate undergraduate admissions activities; perform related work.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Some knowledge of: functions and operations of a university admissions office; supervisory practices.
Experience: interpreting, applying and explaining policies and procedures; using computerized records systems and personal computer-based software applications; composing and proofreading business documents and preparing reports; maintaining records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; learning and motivation
- Ability to convey information and ideas effectively
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
60% of Time the Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor must:
- Incumbent supervises a unit subject to heavy workloads, tight schedules, and high consequence of error; frequently overtime is required.
- Supervises undergraduate admissions activities including processing applications, evaluating high school transcripts, assessing standardized test scores, issuing certificates of admission, and manual and automated record keeping; monitors and assures undergraduate admissions; updates undergraduate admissions section of the university catalog; coordinates updates of undergraduate admissions automated record system; summarizes data and prepares reports; identifies data discrepancies and resolves report problems; composes and signs correspondence; recommends procedure changes; maintains records; coordinates unit activities with other university operations; interprets and explains admissions policies and procedures to staff, students, faculty and others; maintains and controls ACT/SAT information and reporting system.
- Interviews and makes hiring recommendations for unit staff; trains staff and evaluates performance; monitors work flow and establishes work and production schedules; resolves processing and operational problems; may assist staff in processing functions in order to meet deadlines; updates desk manuals and unit operating procedures.
35% of Time the Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Undergraduate Admissions Supervisor
Other professional positions
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.