Job Standard for Videographer Assistant
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Videographer Assistant Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95030
- Pay Grade: E
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
To support and assist with video production.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education performing related work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to listen to and understand information and directions presented through spoken words
- Ability to communicate information so others will understand
- Ability to follow the directions of higher level staff
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Knowledge of or willingness to be trained to use various video production devices
- Understanding of various filming practices
60% of Time the Videographer Assistant must:
- Assist Videographer with filming practices
- Films when Videographer cannot be present
- Assure that equipment is in good working order
- Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Respond to directions and feedback given by supervisor
35% of Time the Videographer Assistant
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Videographer Assistant
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Some travel may be required for Videographer Assistant
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.