Job Standard for Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75865
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Web
The Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior is responsible for management of University websites in compliance with Boise State University Accessibility policies, Web Accessibility policies, other web accessibility standards and guidelines, and web accessibility mandates from the Offices of Internal Compliance and General Counsel.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or equivalent level of professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge or experience with systems, standards and applications of applications, not limited to; WordPress, HTML, CSS, Web Accessibility Standards, e-learning development software
- High knowledge of technical writing for communicating complex technical processes and systems for end users with varying ranges of technical experience.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of Supervisory practices
- Works well in a team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues
60% of Time the Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior must:
- Monitor Boise State’s public-facing web environment utilizing web monitoring software and analytics to ensure compliance with accessibility standards.
- Identify trends or patterns re: specific sites falling out of compliance, and develop plans to respond to, education and support site web administrators and content authors.
- Manage web community access to, and reports within, university accessibility compliance / quality assurance software.
- Comply with policies, standards and laws for web-based information pages. Submit and track accessibility monitoring tools support issues with accessibility software developers.
- Manages Boise State website content to ensure compliance with accessibility standards and University policy.
- Caption videos and provide video transcriptions. Make PDF, Microsoft Office, and other productivity files and web media accessible.
- Delegate remediation tasks, evaluate work, and prioritize tasks for student employees.
- Develop content for and teach classes to University staff and faculty on how to use accessibility monitoring software.
- Manage, maintain, and revise (as necessary) three separate IT accessibility professional development programs as recognized through the Office of the Provost, Idaho Department of Labor, and SkillStack.
- Provide group and 1:1 support and training for University web administrators and content authors on how to develop and maintain accessible websites. Develop content for and give presentations on web accessibility and remediation best practices to groups and individuals.
- Write documentation for, edit, and maintain accessibility websites. Develop and maintain e-learning content for web accessibility.
- Develop, document, and disseminate processes and best practices for converting large documents to web content and making data visualizations accessible.
- Serve as the primary campus support resource for Grackle Google Workspace plugin.
- Research relevant trends and best practices in web accessibility and standards.
35% of Time the Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Web Accessibility Analyst, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.