Job Standard for Web Strategy, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Web Strategy, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75651
- Pay Grade: E11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Web
This position serves as the lead web strategist for the university, providing leadership, vision and accountability in setting the strategic direction of the university’s website and web properties.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience including 1 year of managerial experience or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in web communications, media, or mass communications;
- Excellent understanding of the role played by web and social media in the university environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-grounded understanding of web design and development tools; basic web coding skills; familiarity with selection and use of content management systems; understanding of web design, architecture, usability and analytics;
- Demonstrated creativity and interpersonal skills for interacting with many campus constituencies;
- Demonstrated capability to plan and coordinate multiple complex programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
60% of Time the Web Strategy, Senior Manager must:
- Leads and organizes with representatives from Information Technology, Trademark Licensing, colleges and administrative units in the implementation of university-wide Web strategy for university’s web presence.
- Researches and stays current on relevant web trends and comparable websites.
- Drives positive change and enhancement to enterprise infrastructure including employee directory, privacy compliance, Major Finder, and myBoiseState.
- Provides leadership and direction in planning, developing, and maintaining the university website and mobile web presence.
- Manages large, complex programs and projects. Communicates complex technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Develops, maintains and enforces web policies and standards.
- Oversees the development of web documentation, tutorials and training materials.
- Provides and maintains the official, branded university web templates for use by all colleges, departments and areas.
- Improves internal standards and processes to promote increased quality, accessibility, performance, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains monitoring systems for key web functions.
- Develops and maintains reports of web analytics and success metrics.
- Responsible for web vendor contracts, onboarding and vendor management.
- Ensures support for social media initiatives, for the publication of video, slideshow and photographic content on the external website, and the accessibility of web content through mobile devices.
- Recommends staffing levels, develops job descriptions, makes hiring decisions, completes performance evaluations, schedules and prioritizes work and manages professional development activities for staff.
35% of Time the Web Strategy, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Web Strategy, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.