Job Standard for Wellness Services, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Wellness Services, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75495
- Pay Grade: E8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Health Services
- Function: Wellness Services
Manage and develop comprehensive, integrated Wellness Services for the Boise State University community. Responsible for overall curriculum design and development, budgeting, staff development, print and electronic marketing, customer service policies and procedures.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience including 1 year of managerial experience or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability and willingness to communicate with a wide variety of customers, colleagues, and personnel.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry “best practices”
- Good knowledge of: contemporary university wellness programming, development and implementation of learning outcomes, and student development methods and practices.
- Experience: crafting, utilizing, and assessing learning outcomes; in collegiate wellness programming, employee wellness and marketing
60% of Time the Wellness Services, Senior Manager must:
- Responsible for coordinating a variety of scheduling options for classes, workshops, screenings, and special events.
- Work collaboratively with a team of UHS Directors to provide integrated care for the Boise State University community.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Direct all Wellness Services offerings and operations
- Provide outstanding customer service by responding to patrons’ needs, complaints and suggestions in a timely and professional manner.
35% of Time the Wellness Services, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Wellness Services, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.