Job Standard for WorkU Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click ‘View in Google Docs/Download’ and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
WorkU Specialist Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75846
- Pay Grade: E6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Career Planning & Placement
This position is responsible for the infrastructure and to develop quality employer, student and university processes that will allow the WorkU program to successfully scale while providing exceptional student and employer experiences. Work collaboratively with partners and subject matter experts across the campus to maximize existing and build new processes, relationships, and avenues to introduce students to this valuable experience. Additionally, the role will be responsible for key administrative tasks and program compliance including pertinent and confidential paperwork/documentation for employer/student/university relationship is completed in a timely manner and archived for ready retrieval.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to identify customers’ needs and demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service.
- High ethical standards, knowledge and appreciation of cross-cultural and bias issues, and demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Strong commitment to student life and learning, and student career development.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing effective working relationships with all levels–faculty, administrators, employers, and other staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in designing, administering, and interpreting assessment and performance measure instruments.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer applications and databases
60% of Time the WorkU Specialist must:
- Develop and implement processes that are scalable and will provide a quality and consistent experience for student and employer participants. This may include but is not limited to: student onboarding and mentor matching, employer onboarding, compliance and risk management, student recruiting and pipeline, integrating program time-lines into university calendar
- Continually update program and processes for effectiveness and efficiency
- Responsible for university compliance including organization agreements, student rights and responsibilities. Course scheduling, and adjunct faculty hiring and pay.
- Identify opportunities to develop and offer course content for other experiential education programs
- Manage process to gather required paperwork from students, communicate with participating organizations on compliance, and maintain according to legal requirements
- Research similar experiential education programs for best practices and enhancements
- Analyze financial data of the program, report periodically to WorkU leadership
- Participate in annual strategic planning
35% of Time the WorkU Specialist
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the WorkU Specialist
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for WorkU Specialist
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.