Life event changes are extremely time sensitive, so please act quickly. To view due dates, view the time sensitive section in this webpage — many are due within 30 days of a life event. If you experience a qualifying life event change, you will be given the opportunity to make changes to your current benefit elections. This impacts your ability to make changes in your Dependent Daycare flexible spending account elections, as well as your health insurance coverage.
Examples of life event changes include:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption
- Death in the family
- Change in coverage under other employer’s plan.
- Spouse loss of other coverage.
- Medicare or Medicaid entitlement.
If one of these changes occurs, please contact a Benefits representative at email@example.com or (208) 426-1616.
Life event changes require prompt attention and late submissions are not accepted.
- Changes must be submitted to HR within 30 days of the qualifying life event or 60 days if the qualifying life event is due to marriage, birth/adoption, or if you or your eligible dependent loses coverage under Medicaid or a state Children’s Health Insurance program or becomes eligible for state-provided premium assistance.
- Enrolling or canceling coverage outside of a qualifying life event is limited to the open enrollment period. Changes in medical plan elections from one plan to another are only allowed during the annual open enrollment period.
Documentation is required as evidence of a life event change. To avoid denial due to late submissions, employees should start the application process before having necessary documentation.
- Marriage: marriage certificate
- Divorce/Annulment: divorce decree or court ruling for annulment
- Legal Separation: court order verifying legal separation
- Birth: birth certificate
- Death of Spouse: death certificate