Who is Eligible for Coverage?
You are eligible to enroll if you are:
- In a regular full-time, part-time, or temporary benefit eligible position
- Assigned to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and
- Working in an appointment lasting a minimum of five consecutive months
You are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following your date of hire.
Your legal spouse
- Upon marriage, employees may add their spouse within 60 days from the date of marriage for a 1st of month effective date.
A child under the age of 26; For purposes of the plan, a “child” means your:
- Biological child
- Legally adopted child or child placed with you for adoption
- Child for whom you are the legal guardian
- Child who is required to be covered by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMSCO)
Coverage will terminate for your child on his or her 26th birthday, unless he or she is incapable of self-support because of a physical or mental disability that began prior to age 26. You must apply for this continuation within 31 days after the child reaches age 26.
What if your spouse is a Boise State University employee?
A participant cannot be covered as both an employee and as a dependent. If your spouse is employed in a benefits-eligible University position:
- One employee can waive medical coverage and be covered as a dependent spouse of the other
- Each employee can enroll in employee only coverage
If you and your spouse have dependent children, all of your dependent children will be covered under only one employee’s plan.