The Shared Leadership program is accepting early applications for the 2018-20 program (commencing fall 2018).
Shared Leadership provides Boise State University faculty and staff with the information they need to become active participants in the university. By combining practical leadership tools with an in-depth view of the university’s processes, Shared Leadership equips participants with the means necessary to make a significant contribution to the campus community and their individual departments.
The Shared Leadership program:
- Combines practical leadership tools with a corresponding campus/community activity or speaker in every session
- Provides participants a number of opportunities to take part as leaders, in either real or hypothetical situations
- Fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and enjoyment so that partnerships and friendships may be established and an exchange of leadership experiences may take place
- Makes available an opportunity for participants to learn leadership skills and styles from a mentor inside or outside the campus community
Participants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Hold a 20-plus-hour-per-week position at Boise State
- Have the interest and intent to continue as a Boise State employee for the next two years
- Share a commitment to Boise State University and their cohort
- Receive supervisor’s approval
- Commit to participate in 2018-19 and help plan and produce the program in 2019-20 (with minimal absences)
For more information about the program and to download an application, visit the Shared Leadership website.
Applications will be accepted through Aug. 17 and should be mailed to Kip Spittle, Employee Learning and Organizational Development, at Mail Stop 1265. A supervisor’s signature is required on all applications.