The Idaho State Board of Education will conduct interviews this week with president finalists for both Boise State University and the University of Idaho, a week after the finalists for each institution visited the respective campuses.
The interviews will occur in executive session at the board office at 650 W. State Street in Boise as follows:
- Boise State finalist interviews – Wednesday, March 13
- University of Idaho finalist interviews – Thursday, March 14
Listed in alphabetical order, the Boise State president finalists are:
- Susan E. Borrego – Chancellor of the University of Michigan-Flint
- Andrew Marcus – Professor of Geography and the former Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Oregon
- Edward Seidel – Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation for the University of Illinois System
- Marlene Tromp – Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor at the University of California, Santa Cruz
A fifth Boise State finalist, Darren Dawson has withdrawn from consideration.
Listed in alphabetical order, the University of Idaho president finalists are:
- Christopher Callahan – Founding Dean of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University
- Diane Z. Chase – Executive Vice President and Provost of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Scott Green – Global Chief Operating Officer and Financial Officer of Hogan Lovells, an international law firm
- Elizabeth Spiller – Dean of the College of Letters and Science at the University of California, Davis
A fifth University of Idaho finalist, Paul Tikalsky has withdrawn from consideration.
The board’s intent is to name new presidents at both institutions by April.
At the conclusion of Thursday’s executive session, the board will come back into open session to consider a request by University of Idaho to build a new arena for basketball and other sports.
Here is a link to the board agenda for both days: https://boardofed.idaho.gov/event/special-board-meeting-boise/