Boise State has begun the search process for the position of provost and the vice president for academic affairs. The final selection likely will be made in April 2021.
The university has formed a search committee that aims to represent campus broadly – the members are listed below. The Boise State community is encouraged to reach out directly to members of the committee for any questions or comments regarding the process.
The first step will be a series of forums for the various communities across Boise State to participate in identifying the key requirements and desires for the position. The schedule for these forums will be forthcoming, and they will conclude by the end of the current fall semester.
“I encourage each of you to reach out to me with any suggestions or concerns you may have throughout this important process,” said Harold Blackman, interim vice president for research and economic development. “I truly appreciate the honor of leading this search on behalf of campus.”
The majority of the search will be conducted virtually, however, final candidates will hold on-campus interviews. Aside from the university’s search committee, the Storbeck and Pimentel firm will lead national search efforts.
Members of the campus search committee are:
- Leslie Webb, vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Matthew Ewing, vice president for University Advancement
- Tammi Vacha-Haase, Graduate College dean
- JoAnn Lighty, College of Engineering dean
- Mark Bannister, College of Business and Economics dean
- Jennifer Snow, College of Education interim dean
- Peter Koetsier, Department of Biological Sciences professor
- Jennifer Weaver, Department of Psychological Science assistant professor
- Linsey Harke, Public Safety
- Justin Doi, Department of Community and Environmental Health administrative assistant II
- Julie Oxford, Biomolecular Research Center director and professor
- Alicia Garza, World Languages professor
- David Estrada, Materials Science and Engineering associate professor
- Joelle Powers, College of Health Sciences associate dean
- Brittany Brand, Department of Geosciences associate professor
- Michael Strickland, Department of Communication and Media adjunct professor
- Tedd McDonald, Department of Psychological Science professor