The Office of Communications and Marketing will host its third annual Summer Camps event for over 90 campus partners on Aug. 24 and 25. As the strategic leader for enterprise-level communications and marketing, the office uses Summer Camp to provide alignment to the 2024 annual plan, as well as workshop and training opportunities to strengthen the skillsets of marketing and communications professionals on campus.
The event is from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24 and from 9 a.m.-noon on Friday, Aug. 25. Day one will focus on the university’s comprehensive campaign, Office of Communications and Marketing fiscal year 2023 highlights and planning for fiscal year 2024. Day two will be dedicated to strategic communications, the media landscape, planning and implementation along with an Office of Communications and Marketing rapid fire session.
Thursday, Aug. 24
- Comprehensive Campaign: Boise State is about to launch the most ambitious campaign in the university’s history. Learn about the campaign’s priorities and goals along with the roles, responsibilities and resources available for campus marketing and communications leaders as we support the campaign in alignment with university branding.
- Brand: Communications and marketing enterprise partners have demonstrated remarkable success over the past year, solidifying the brand’s position as a trailblazer in higher education. Celebrate highlights from across the enterprise in FY23 and learn more about OCM’s top priorities for FY24.
- Branding: Boise State’s new brand campaign Out of the Blue showcases Blue Turf Thinking and how the university positively impacts Idaho. See the new places and spaces where the campaign is coming to life and learn how your program and academic areas can align with our new strategy.
- Creative Toolkit: Becoming a branded house takes hard work from all of us. Learn how we are working together on multiple campaigns to unite our voices and visually align for our audience. And, we’ll share the creative tools at your disposal to get the job done.
- Experiential Marketing through Events: Affinity is built with stakeholders through experiences with our brand. Many of those positive moments take place at university events. If the brand is how we feel our connection to the university, let’s look and see if we are delivering what we promise to our guests.
- Open Mic: Share ideas and ask questions to all campus partners.
Friday, Aug. 25
- Strategic Communications: Building a strategic plan is not a box to check, it’s the outline of boxes to check (Harvard Business Review). It should be alive. Let’s talk about how to stay true to a communication plan by aligning and scaling your work.
- Media Landscape: The media landscape isn’t what it used to be. Who is still covering the news? Where do reporters work? How do we build strategies that don’t just check a box but move the needle? Learn how we can collaborate to build better strategies.
- Planning and Implementation: Organization is how successful projects get completed on time. Learn how to ensure everything you do is tied back to the university strategic plan through selecting objectives that are attainable, measurable and can be shown in a proof of performance. We will share a creative brief and how we use it along with Wrike to streamline processes, get results and have a complete history for the next time around.
- Around OCM: A quick snapshot of upcoming brand-level projects.