Clinical Course Documentation (Policy FP-03)
Last Revision Date
Divisional Dean, Chief Nurse Administrator, Program Directors, and Clinical Coordinators
Scope and Audience
Faculty members who teach a clinical course, including face to face courses and online distance delivery.
1. Policy Purpose
This policy will ensure the necessary documentation in the clinical course setting by School of Nursing faculty.
2. Policy Statement
The faculty will review the course syllabus for specific clinical information and requirements.
Student Documentation and communication responsibilities (program specific)
- Oral and/or assigned communication modes with each student as appropriate to address progression of meeting the course objectives
- Maintains ongoing written documentation of any performance behaviors of concern regardless of improvement or passing the course throughout the semester. Ensures it is filed in the student’s record
- Formative and summative evaluations are completed with each student at mid- term and end of course. Any evaluation that demonstrates a lack of evidence of meeting required competencies will be placed in the student’s record
Facility Documentation and Communication responsibilities (program specific)
- Clinical Coordinator or assigned staff verifies that all health and agency requirements are completed in collaboration with the Clinical and/or Program Directors
- Completes agency specific documentation regarding injuries sustained in clinical settings and communicate incidents to the Divisional Dean and Associate Divisional Dean/Chief Nurse Administrator
- Ensures all Risk Management forms have been completed at agency and university (where applicable)
Last Review Date
Fall 2008 as Standards of Clinical Responsibilities, Spring 2014 as Clinical Course Documentation, July 2020, 4/1/2022