Undergraduate Scholarships (Policy UG-01)
Last Revision Date
School of Nursing Scholarship Team, administrative staff and students.
Scope and Audience
Students enrolled in the Undergraduate Pre-licensure or RN-BS Online Completion Tracks.
1. Policy Purpose
To ensure the allocation of Boise State University scholarship funds to undergraduate and graduate nursing students is in alignment with the School of Nursing’s mission, vision and philosophy. Program specific information regarding application, timeline and processes will be included in the scholarship application.
2. Policy Statement
The scholarship application and selection process will be conducted by each program and their associated governance team that oversees scholarships.
The scholarship awards process demonstrates responsibility to the:
- Donors, through careful stewardship of award money. Careful stewardship implies fiscal as well as academic accountability to utilize objective indicators for potential success and financial need of recipients whenever possible.
- University scholarship awards process, through compliance with University policies regarding scholarship awards.
- Eligible Students enrolled in the School of Nursing through communication of the application requirements and application process.
The priorities of the scholarship awards process are:
- Recognition of students with academic success as indicated by the individual’s cumulative GPA and consistent with the Program’s policy for full-time students.
- Assistance to students who demonstrate financial need and strong academic GPA.
- Continued funding support for existing and new Honors Scholarship candidates.
- Encouragement for Baccalaureate Degree completion through scholarship awards in agreement with Program intent and as funding allows.
- Support students who are promoting leadership in the nursing profession.
- Support students who are demonstrating service to their population or community.
- The application deadline will be clearly published in an announcement of the scholarship process as established by the Financial Aid Office. Late applications will not be accepted; no exceptions.
- The scholarship application and selection process will occur each Spring in conjunction with the University financial aid application process. Spring scholarships are awarded for the following academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). Scholarships are awarded for a single academic year.
- The Financial Aid office will verify the recipients’ eligibility. Financial Aid will notify recipients and require them to indicate acceptance of the award.
- Notification to recipients regarding awards will be via email and include the name of the award, the amount and duration of funding, expectations regarding acknowledgment of award and continued eligibility for the award if applicable.
- Notification of students not selected for awards will be done via email.
Issues Related to Continuation of Awards
Scholarship awards are contingent upon the student maintaining the eligibility requirements of the University (credit requirements and cumulative GPA of 3.0); completion of all requirements specified by Financial Aid and good standing with the School of Nursing progression policy. Students who do not meet progression requirements, withdraw from the nursing program or fail to comply with the eligibility requirements will forfeit their scholarship money.
School of Nursing Scholarship Application
Last Review Date
Spring 2018, October 2018, 4/1/2022