How do I earn Credit for Prior Learning in BAS/IPS?
Our Credit for Prior Learning process allows you the opportunity to earn credit for what you already know by identifying college-level learning from your past experiences outside of the classroom and applying those experiences toward specific upper-division electives within the BAS/IPS degree.
You will demonstrate the learning you’ve done through the creation of a prior learning portfolio that will be assessed by faculty for academic credit that replaces actual coursework.
Experiences you may draw from for your prior learning portfolio may include:
- Professional and organizational expertise
- On-the-job training
- Professional licenses
- Industry certifications
- Military training
- Volunteer or nonprofit work
- Service on boards or advisory groups
- In-service and professional development courses
- Independent reading and study
- Involvement in professional organizations or conferences
- And many more