How do I earn credit for prior learning in the applied science and interdisciplinary professional studies programs?
Our credit for prior learning process allows you the opportunity to earn credit for what you already know by identifying college-level learning from your past experiences outside of the classroom and applying those experiences toward specific upper-division electives within the applied science and interdisciplinary professional studies degrees.
You will demonstrate the learning you’ve done through the creation of a prior learning portfolio that will be assessed by faculty for academic credit that replaces actual coursework.
Experiences you may draw from for your prior learning portfolio may include:
- Professional and organizational expertise
- On-the-job training
- Professional licenses
- Industry certifications
- Military training
- Volunteer or nonprofit work
- Service on boards or advisory groups
- In-service and professional development courses
- Independent reading and study
- Involvement in professional organizations or conferences
- And many more