Step 1 – Apply to the University
On the Degree Path page within the application, select the appropriate program from the dropdown list:
- Social Work Online-Regular Standing – select if you do not have a Bachelor of Social Work OR if you have a Bachelor of Social Work but do not meet the years since degree requirements listed below.
- Social Work Online-Advanced Standing – select if one of the following apply:
1) you will graduate with a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE (Council of Social Work Education) prior to the semester you are applying for.
2) you graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE (Council of Social Work Education) accredited school within the last 5 years.
3) you graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE (Council of Social Work Education) accredited school within the last 10 years and have significant post-BSW social work practice experience.
- Once you start the application, please bookmark the link. You will also need to log out of your application every time or you will encounter an error code.
- Pay the non-refundable Graduate Admission Application fee online at the time you complete the application
- After submitting the graduate admission application (Step 1), you will complete the Social Work program application (Step 4).
If you have questions or need additional assistance, contact your Student Success Coach at (208) 426-5921 or MSWOnline@boisestate.edu.
Note: International Students – Due to visa restrictions, international students currently living outside the United States or in the United States on any visa are not eligible for admission to this program.