To be considered for the online Workplace Performance Improvement certificate, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Documented evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all undergraduate credits. All course work must be verified by official transcripts. If a person fails to meet the GPA requirement, that person may submit a petition to the Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning Program Committee.
- Appropriateness of background experience and of the fit between the prospective student’s career goals and what the program offers.
Application Deadlines by Semester
Admission is offered each fall, spring and summer semester. Space is limited, so early application is recommended. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. The priority deadlines to submit materials are:
|Semester||Application Deadline||Courses Begin
|Fall||July 15||Late August
|Spring ||December 1||Early January
|Summer||April 1||Early May
To Apply For This Program
Step 1 – Apply to Boise State University
Complete the Boise State Graduate Admissions Application. On the Degree Path page within the application, select “Workplace Performance Improvement Graduate Certificate-Online” from the Program or Certificate drop-down list.
Step 2 – Request Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from all previous colleges and universities you attended.
Please note: All transcripts must be RECEIVED by Graduate Admissions and Degree Services by the application deadline.
If you have served in the military, please make sure to send your Joint Services Transcript and/or Community College of the Air Force transcript.
Step 3 – Apply to the Online Workplace Performance Improvement Certificate Program
After submitting the graduate admission application (Step 1) and requesting your transcripts (Step 2), you will complete the online Workplace Performance Improvement certificate program application which includes the following:
Submit a resume that reflects your professional work experience.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a statement of purpose containing the following:
- 500-1,000 words, single-spaced, devoid of errors (spelling, punctuation, word choice or grammar), uses proper syntax (sentence and paragraph structure), includes sufficient detail and is clear and has coherence (logical progression of ideas and information with internal consistency)
- Heading that includes your name, email address, telephone and the program(s) to which you are applying
- Description of your career goals and how the program coursework or programs to which you are applying will help you reach those goals
- Description of the strategies you will use to be successful in online graduate study
Submit your program application using the online graduate admission application form.
If you fail to meet the 3.0 undergraduate GPA requirement you will also be required to submit a petition to the Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning Program Committee.