Meet OPWL student Jodi Mammenga

Jodi Mammenga

Hello, I’m Jodi Mammenga and I live in Boise, ID. I began the OPWL program Jan 2019 when I learned about mergers at work. By fall, I was unemployed and it was difficult to find a new position. However, in the spring 2020 semester, a Graduate Assistantship in the OPWL department became available, I was offered the position and selected to work with Dr. Villachica. Together with his research partner, Dr. Anson, we collaborated to set up the Process Management Lab. From them, I learned how to facilitate process reengineering workshops using a system that combines process improvement and performance improvement. I had found a new passion. This led to being offered a position on the Change Management Team in the Office of Continuous Improvement at Boise State, which is my *dream* job!

I can honestly say I would never have considered pursuing a career in this particular niche of performance improvement had I not joined the OPWL program and had the experiences, guidance, and support of the faculty and staff. I am on track to complete the MS in Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) in December 2021!

Read about more OPWL students

Learn how to APPLY to OPWL

About the OPWL Program

The Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) program helps prepare students for careers in the areas of instructional design, training and development, e-learning, workplace performance improvement, organizational development, program evaluation and performance consulting.

Interested in learning more about the OPWL program?

Contact a Student Success Coach

Join a Live, Virtual Information Session