Meet OPWL student Jodi Mammenga

OPWL student

• jodi mammenga

Jodi Mammenga

Hello, I’m Jodi Mammenga and I live in Boise, ID. I began the OPWL program Jan 2019 when I learned about mergers at work. By fall, I was unemployed and it was difficult to find a new position. However, in the spring 2020 semester, a Graduate Assistantship in the OPWL department became available, I was offered the position and selected to work with Dr. Villachica. Together with his research partner, Dr. Anson, we collaborated to set up the Process Management Lab. From them, I learned how to facilitate process reengineering workshops using a system that combines process improvement and performance improvement. I had found a new passion. This led to being offered a position on the Change Management Team in the Office of Continuous Improvement at Boise State, which is my *dream* job!

I can honestly say I would never have considered pursuing a career in this particular niche of performance improvement had I not joined the OPWL program and had the experiences, guidance, and support of the faculty and staff. I am on track to complete the MS in Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) in December 2021!