Skip to main content
FIRE AND SMOKE
Alert personnel in immediate vicinity and evacuate.
- Unless a fire is small and easily extinguished, alert others, activate a fire alarm and evacuate the building.
- Dial 9-1-1 from any phone to reach the fire department.
- If possible, close doors on your way out to prevent spread of smoke or vapors into adjoining rooms and corridors.
- Never enter a smoke-filled room.
- Feel all doors for heat and do not open a door that is hot to the touch.
- When heavy smoke is present, stay close to the floor.
- If your or another person’s clothing is on fire, stop, drop to the floor or other horizontal surface and roll to put out the flames. Seek immediate medical assistance.