In Case of Imminent or Actual Flooding
Note: If you need sandbags, call Facilities Operations & Maintenance at 208-426-1409.
IF YOU CAN DO SO SAFELY:
- Secure vital equipment, records, and hazardous materials by moving to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all non-essential electrical equipment.
- Wait for instructions from your Building Coordinator, Facilities Operations & Maintenance, or Campus Public Safety.
- Avoid standing in flood water due to the threat of electrocution.
ONCE YOU RECEIVE NOTICE TO EVACUATE:
- Move all personnel to a safe area, away from the building in danger.
- Locate those persons with special needs, and provide assistance if possible.
- Otherwise, provide their location to Emergency Responders.
- Do NOT return to the building until instructed to do so by the Incident Commander, Building Coordinator, or Facilities Operations & Maintenance.
CALL FACILITIES OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE (FO&M) AND RISK MANAGEMENT FOR ASSISTANCE WITH FLOOD CLEAN-UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID UNSANITARY CONDITIONS AND MOLD:
- FO&M: 208-426-1409 (For mold mitigation)
- Risk Management: 208-426-3638 (For property damage and insurance claims)
* Flooding can occur due to major rainstorms, water main breaks, or loss of power to sump pumps