Please watch the video below for a brief overview of the spirit of the Clery Act and what it means to be a Campus Security Authority
Clery Act and Crime Reporting Training
The Clery Act and Crime Reporting Training course covers Boise State’s obligations under the federal law known as the Clery Act. All Boise State University Employees take the full Clery Act training course when they are hired and those specifically identified as “Campus Security Authorities (CSA)” complete this or the refresher training course annually. This course addresses the roles and responsibilities of CSAs and elaborates on the different crime reporting options and resources available to the Boise State campus community. The initial full course should take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete and includes a multiple-choice quizzes that you must finish in order to get credit for completing the course. There are two ways to complete the Clery Act and Crime Reporting Training course: online and in-person by request.
To take the Clery Act and Crime Reporting Training course online:
- Sign in to your myboisestate.edu account
- Navigate to the Employee tab.
- Select Blackboard in your Services center menu on the right-hand side of the screen. If Blackboard is not listed you can use the Services search bar to add it to your home page.
- Select the course titled: Clery Act Training 2020
- Complete the course including all quizzes.