Skip to main content

Declaring a Major

If you are a student seeking a baccalaureate degree, you must declare a major field of study by the time you are classified as a junior. You will be classified a junior when 58 credits have been earned.

Student Classifications
FreshmanHas earned 0 to 25 credits.
SophomoreHas earned 26 to 57 credits. Sophomore is the maximum classification for students in associates or certificate programs.
JuniorHas earned 58 to 89 credits.
SeniorHas earned 90 or more credits or is pursuing a second baccalaureate degree.
GraduateHas earned a baccalaureate degree, has been admitted to the Graduate College, and is pursuing a graduate degree.

For your convenience, if you are a student who has not yet selected a major field of study (undeclared), you can declare a major by logging on to your myBoiseState Student Center and select Change My Major in the My Academics tab. For more information, contact the Registrar’s Office, Administration Building, Room 110, (208) 426-4249.

Back To Top