Boise State University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one that has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial, but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding an institution’s accredited status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities should be directed to the administrative staff of the Office of the Provost. Individuals may also contact: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, 8060 165th Avenue N.E., Suite 100, Redmond, WA 98052, (425) 558-4224.
Many of Boise State University’s academic programs have special accreditation or endorsement from one or more of the following organizations:
- ABET, Inc.
- Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling
- American Chemical Society
- American Council for Construction Education
- American Health Information Management Association
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Committee on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council on Social Work Education
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Association of Schools of Theater
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
- National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)