What is Academic Advising?
Undergraduate academic advising in the School of Public Service is a partnership between you and our advisors. It is an on-going process where we work together to assist you in the navigation of SPS degree requirements and campus resources as you progress towards graduation.
- Know and follow university policies, regulations, deadlines, and procedures
- Take personal ownership of your academics and keep our advisors informed of decisions or changes that may impact your graduation progress
- Take initiative and utilize academic planning tools and campus resources
- Participate in self-exploration and reflection regarding career and educational goals while accounting for your own values, abilities, and skills
- Understand and clarify university policies, regulations, deadlines, and procedures
- Help you make informed decisions about course selections that satisfy your SPS degree requirements
- Help you navigate academic planning tools and campus resources
- Advocate for your success and work collaboratively with you as you progress towards graduation