Emerging Writers Showcase
At the end of each semester, the Creative Writing Program celebrates the rising talents among its undergraduate students with a community reading called the Emerging Writers Showcase.
Students interested in reading their work must submit a writing sample in the genre of fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry. Judges in each genre read and select the finalists each semester.
The deadline to submit work for the Fall 2023 Emerging Writers Showcase will be announced in September.
If you’d like to be considered to be a reader for the Emerging Writers Showcase, please read the following guidelines carefully. To be considered, you must submit a writing sample and be a currently enrolled student at Boise State University.
- Email your writing sample to email@example.com
- Deadline to submit: TBA
- Submit in one genre only. No multiple submissions, please!
- Writing sample guidelines:
- Attach your writing sample to your email as a Word Doc, Google doc, or PDF
- No cover letter required
- Please title your submission with your full name, the genre of your piece, and the title. For example: John_Grisham_Fiction_The Firm
- Poetry: Please submit no more than three poems, not to exceed nine pages total
- Fiction or creative nonfiction: Please submit an excerpt that is no more than five pages total
- All submissions must be double-spaced in a standard, 12 point font
- Do not include your name on your writing sample
- Send us your best work! Your writing sample can be something you’ve published or something that is unpublished. Please edit your submission carefully for spelling and grammar.