Auditions-The Lieutenant Nun
The Lieutenant Nun
By Mac Test
A Zoom workshop and reading
Video audition submission deadline: March 29th at 11:59 pm
Boise State University Department of English and Department of Theatre, Film & Creative Writing announce open auditions for a zoom workshop and reading of “The Lieutenant Nun.”
Seeking 4 student actors to work with professional actors from London to workshop this new piece. Students of all races, genders and abilities are encouraged to audition.
4 casting opportunities, each playing multiple roles.
Rehearsals and recording: April 1-8th 2021 (specific times to be determined)
- April 1st– Read through -1 hour (time to be determined)
- April 5-8- Rehearsals 2 hours each day (times to be determined)
- April 9th Recording (time to be determined)
Because actors span many time zones, suggested rehearsal times are 9am-11am MST or 1pm-3pm MST each day. Schedule will be finalized after casting.
The casting process consists of one video submission. Auditions must be submitted in video format and should include:
- An introduction including: your name, year in school, preferred pronouns and the title of the piece you are performing.
- One Monologue from a play of your choice 1-2 minutes maximum.
- Text does not need to be memorized but should showcase your acting
- Play text directly to the camera.
- Once you have created your video, please upload it to Google drive or (All students have an account) Make sure the share settings allows anyone with the link to view the video. Please send the link to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 29th at 11:59pm.
- Please also include your preferred name, contact phone number, major, year in school and any potential conflicts with the proposed schedule in your email submission. If you would like to share your preferred pronouns, please do so.