An adaptation of the Sophocles play (with theatrical masks).
Adaptation by Gordon Reinhart. Director, Gordon Reinhart.
Performances: November 11-21, 2021.
Evening performances at 7:30pm, Sunday matinees at 2:00pm, mandatory strike after final performance, Sunday November 21.
First Rehearsal: Oct. 4
Rehearsals are M-F evenings plus one weekend slot. Details determined after cast schedules are collected.
The Casting process is comprised of one video submission and one live, in person call-back session.
The Department of Theatre, Film, and Creative Writing at Boise State University encourages people of all gender identities, races, and abilities to audition for every/any role.
Audition video Requirements:
1. 12 or so lines of text from any poem or classical play (Shakespeare or Ancient Greek)
2. Length: 45 seconds max.
3. Text must be memorized.
4. *Perform the audition text with dance/stylized movement. Keep it simple, gestures etc. Stay within the frame.
5. Play text directly to the camera lens.
6. Frame of the video to include full body.
7. Please check the sound quality.
8. Submit video as YouTube link. Check the view settings before submitting.
9. Email link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Deadline for video submission: Wednesday, September 22nd by 5pm.
11. Call back audition will involve readings from the play, schedule TBA.
12. Any Questions, please email Gordon Reinhart, Director at email@example.com.