B2B Finalist Application Process
- Check program eligibility requirements.
- Complete the application form. The application for cohort 2023-2024 will become available Fall 2022.
B2B Fellow Application Process
B2B Fellows interview during spring semester each year.
- B2B Finalists participate in the interview process with the B2B leadership team.
- Ten B2B Finalists are selected to become B2B Fellows.
- B2B Fellows select their faculty mentor preference at Boise State. Explore the research profiles of B2B faculty mentors here.
This program is funded by the National Institutes for Health (NIH). Our criteria for admission to the B2B program adhere to NIH requirements. Students must meet the eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the program.
Learn More About the B2B Program
Southwestern Idaho Bridges to Baccalaureate (SWID B2B) program is a 3-year support and research program for students at CWI that intend to transfer to Boise State and pursue biomedical research. The program aims to increase the number of underrepresented students in Idaho that are interested in the biomedical sciences.
The program successfully prepares students for careers in the biomedical sciences by providing:
- Enhanced advising
- Peer mentoring
- Paid research experience for B2B fellows
- Continued engagement at Boise State through research and specialized B2B courses
B2B Year 1
During Year 1, CWI students that are B2B Finalists are assigned a peer mentor and enroll in Biology 1 (BIOL111) and Ethics in Science (SCIE 102). Second semester, students enroll in an Introduction to Cell Biology (MMBS 260) and Genetics (MMBS 280). B2B Finalists may apply to become B2B Fellows. B2B Fellows are then assigned a faculty mentor to prepare for the summer research experience!
Summer Experience: B2B Fellows participate in the Bridges Summer Research Experience for 10 weeks with a distinguished faculty mentor and receive $6,000 stipend.
B2B Year 2
B2B Fellows successfully transfer to Boise State and continue to participate in a 15- week paid research experience. Students also enroll in the Bridges Professional Development course (BIOL 375) for both fall and spring semesters. Summer Experience: B2B students participate in 2nd Summer Research Experience for 10 weeks. Students receive and additional $6,000 stipend.
B2B Year 3 +
B2B Fellows serve as peer mentors for the new B2B cohort. They also receive continued academic and financial support through undergraduate research and specialized B2B course work.