Request for Approval of Visitor and Affiliate Status and Services form Instructions
Affiliates and Visitors are individuals associated with Boise State University who are not hired and/or not paid through our usual procedures.
There are three types:
- Affiliates/Vendors – Affiliates/Vendors – Individuals associated with the campus as board or advisory committee members, VIPs, contractors, volunteers, legislators, employees of agencies under the auspices of the State Board of Education, and who are not University employees.
- Affiliate Faculty – Individuals who do not have direct teaching responsibilities for students on or off campus and who do not receive monetary compensation from the University, but who provide instruction in programs with classroom, on-line, clinical, or laboratory experiences.
- Visitor – Individuals who are unpaid invited guests for a temporary length of time; and paid temporary employees, including consultants, interns, researchers or research assistants.
This form is not required for individuals hired using an Employee Action Form (EAF) or Letter of Appointment (LOA) and/or are paid through University payroll (e.g., Adjunct Faculty, Visiting Professors).
Status and Services for Visitors and Affiliates
When a sponsoring department wishes to provide visitors and affiliates with campus services related to their campus role, the department completes the Request for Approval of Visitor and Affiliate Status and Services form. It is the responsibility of the dean or department vice president to provide final approval before campus services may be arranged.
How to Use the Form
Follow the instructions on the form. Note: Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- If you are requesting a Boise State ID card, the annual cost requires billing information where indicated.
- If you want your affiliate/visitor to appear in the Online Directory, be sure to submit a request via Help Desk Self Service.
- If an affiliate or visitor account needs to be terminated before the scheduled date, select the “Early Termination of Services” option.
- The final portion of the form asks you to designate a Department Chair/Director and Dean/Department VP to be approvers. Follow the instructions to ensure the appropriate approvers are selected.
Once the form is complete, select Continue.
Next Steps — Approvals and Processing
- The individuals you designated as approvers will receive an email notification with instructions to approve the request. If the approver is not already signed in to myBoiseState, they may need to enter their Boise State username and password to access the approval feature.
- After the request is approved, it will be automatically routed to Human Resource Services for processing.
- After Human Resource Services has processed the information, the provisioning process will automatically grant self-service access to the affiliate or visitor. Any additional access must be requested separately through the OIT Account Request webpage.
View Request Status
- Access the Form Status Tracking Page.
- Select Affiliate/Visitor Request.
Your submitted form(s) will display, including the current workflow queue.
For additional information about the status of your request, contact Human Resource Services at (208) 426-1616.
For questions or information about the Request for Approval of Visitor and Affiliate Status and Services form and process, contact Human Resource Services at (208) 426-1616.
If you encounter any technical issues using this form, contact the Help Desk at (208) 426-4357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.