Completed May 2019
We value the preparation of skilled health professionals. We value excellence in education and lifelong learning. We believe in modeling a culture of respectfulness and inclusivity to produce culturally competent professionals in health-related fields. We value resourcefulness to help transform our programs.
The School of Allied Health Sciences will lead in creating educated health and human performance professionals who are innovative advocates, scientists, practitioners, and educators.
The School of Allied Health Sciences leverages unique health-related disciplines using a collaborative and resourceful approach to deliver high-quality education and scholarship that advances lifelong health.
Goals and Strategies
To identify common needs across the school and define processes for equitable distribution of resources.
- Identify assets, identify needs, determine key performance indicators relative to department specific benchmarks.
- Identify common needs – curricula, teaching, administration, research, facilities – across departments.
- Enhance recruitment, marketing, and advising efforts to attract and retain students.
To create a culture of collaboration and inclusivity between and amongst distinctive departments.
- Reformat annual school-wide meeting with breakout sessions and opportunities to brainstorm ideas for growth organized around common interests.
- Conduct an in-depth curricular review of all programs across the SAHS to minimize duplication of content and incentivize sharing common classes.
- Provide opportunities for fun social interaction for all (faculty, students, staff, administration). Consider a joint community service project.
- Explore Interdisciplinary Certifications, degrees, emphases, etc. (to include Lifespan/Aging, Medical Sciences, and others).
- Develop plan to facilitate collaborative research to include: events, funding, internal communication.
- Evaluate School Policy on allocation of effort to ensure proper prioritization of scholarship.
To create and maintain timely and accurate communication that is accessible and relevant to all stakeholders.
- Create a “need to know” dedicated webpage with protected portal entry for posting of department agendas and meeting minutes (include frequent questions and answers and provide discussion forums for sharing information and posting classified ads (ie., home for rent, etc.)
- Establish communications committee.
- Establish School-wide staff meeting.
- Establish relevant school newsletter.
- Routine Employee Satisfaction Surveys.
- Establish communication process from Director to faculty.
- Establish Advisory Board.
To strengthen our scholarship presence.
- Strengthen communication around scholarly activities and scholarship (see goal 2.5.)
- Deliver opportunities for mentorship and Professional development.
- Develop School Statement on Scholarship.
- Establish School Research Committee.
- Advocate for and Identify funding streams for research including GA support.