Strategic Planning Meeting Minutes: April (Meeting Two)
April 25, 2019
10 A.M. – Noon
School of Allied Health Sciences
- We value the preparation of skilled health professionals.
- We value excellence in education and lifelong learning.
- We believe in modeling a culture of respectfulness and inclusivity to produce
culturally competent professionals in health-related fields.
- We value resourcefulness to help transform our programs.
- The SoAHS will lead in creating educated health and human performance
professionals who are innovative advocates, scientist, practitioners, and
- The SoAHS leverages unique health-related disciplines using a collaborative and
resourceful approach to deliver high-quality education and scholarship that
advances lifelong health.
Goals (review and suggest edits for wording as needed)
- Unification: To identify common needs across the school and define equitable
processes for the distribution of resources.
- Collaboration: To create a culture of collaboration and inclusivity between and
amongst distinctive departments.
- Communication: To create and maintain timely and accurate communication
that is accessible and relevant to all stakeholders.
- Scholarship: To strengthen our scholarship presence.
Please answer and bring these questions to our next meeting, scheduled within the timeline of May 7 10-12.
For each goal, craft a beginning action plan that answers these questions:
- What is your goal statement?
- What are three important steps toward implementing this goal?
- What are the needed resources (people, money, technology, space, etc.) for this goal?
- What is the time frame for implementing each step?
- Who is the suggested champion or owner – the person who will be ultimately responsible for the successful completion of the goal?
- Who needs to be involved in the successful implementation of the three important
- Give a description of what success would look like
- What are the potential hurdles or challenges that would prevent implementation?