- Applicant must be a relative of an alumna or alumnus of Boise State. (An individual who has completed at least 25 credits qualifies as an alumna/us of Boise State.)
- The relative is a current dues-paying member of the Boise State University Alumni Association
- The applicant is an incoming freshman
- Minimum un-weighted high school GPA of 3.5
- Minimum ACT composite score of 24 and or a minimum SAT (Math and Critical Reading) score of 1090 •
- Enrolled as a full-time fee-paying student
- Completed Essay (no more than 500 words; found within the scholarship application website)
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a four-year, renewable scholarship for incoming freshman available to the relative of a Boise State alumna or alumnus, who is a current member of the Boise State Alumni Association. The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semester. The deadline to apply is Feb. 15 every year.
Alumni Legacy Stipend
The Alumni Legacy Stipend is a one-time $2,000 award. Eligible candidates must be full-time continuing Boise State students who are at least sophomores in class standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and who have at least one relative who is a Boise State alumna/alumnus and is a current Boise State Alumni Association member. Four stipends are awarded each year. The deadline to apply is Feb. 15.
Scholarship Application Requirements
Support Alumni Legacy Scholars
The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semester. It was established by the Boise State Alumni Association in 2003 to celebrate family traditions of attending Boise State University. The fund has generated more than $2 million in funds since its inception and is supporting 21 student scholarships in the 2017/18 academic year. Alumni association membership dues and the Boise State Auction help to support this fund.Make a Gift