Location: Esracade, Oregon
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: decarbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
This is a temporary position that may last up to 6 months.
The Senior Environmental Support Technician will provide support to programs that ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and support implementation of fish, wildlife and water quality programs and activities at generation and other company projects. This is a limited duration role and will conclude at the end of November 2022. The starting hourly rate for the position is $27.98.
- Performs complex field work and data analysis.
- Independently conducts field surveys, such as data collection, soil sampling, fish collection, field monitoring and water-quality sampling.
- Performs fewer routine aspects of assignments related to environmental studies, projects, and programs.
- Enters data from various field studies into electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Conducts quality checks and prepares data summaries.
- Assists with preparation of reports.
- Safety Practices Adheres to PGE standards, safety objectives and regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four or more years of experience in related field.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Associate degree in related area such as fisheries or aquatic science.
Physical and Cognitive Demands
- Cognitive Level Intermediate: Consistent use of relevant principles to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Cognitive Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines, and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers, and others within the organization
- Demonstrates sound memory
- Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
- Ability to adhere to pre-established schedule, including start/stop time and break/lunch schedule [typically for nonexempt positions, although some exempt positions may have an established start/stop time]
- Ability to work long hours [typically for exempt positions; if included in nonexempt positions, overtime applies]
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance [for part- time positions, change to part-time attendance]
- Ability to work shift schedule Ability to work on-call schedule
- Driving/travel/commute: Daily within service territory – Frequently (at least once a week or more)
- Driving/travel/commute: Overnight inside/outside the service territory – Occasionally (one to two times a month or less)
- Computer use (use computer regularly for entire work shift)
- Lifting/pushing/pulling: More than 50 lbs.
- Carrying: More than 50 lbs.
- Unstable surfaces requiring balance (i.e., moving equipment, boats) (check all that apply):
- Elevated areas (i.e., catwalks, roofs, and high buildings)
- Confined spaces
- Walking distances and surfaces (long distances and over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces)
- Stairs (over 10 steps)
- Ladders (over 10 rungs)
Environment – Indoor/Outdoor:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date.