Basic Lab Safety Requirements
In accordance with Boise State EH&S Guidelines and BRC policy, all BRC faculty, staff, student workers and associated members are required to complete training.
- A copy of all training records must be shared with the BRC and kept on file.
- Please submit all training records to the Biomolecular Research Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEMS Training – through Boise State University:
All BRC staff and associated members are required to complete the following CEMS (formally known as EHSS) training modules:
To complete lab safety training please go to https://cems.unh.edu/boisestate
- Log in to the system by clicking on login
- Click on the TOP Boise State University User Login (don’t immediately enter your information under “other users.”)
- Enter your BSU credentials.
- From there, on your homepage/dashboard, click on the training link near the bottom
- Click on “view available courses.”
- Please complete the following three courses: A Day in the Lab, Hazardous Waste Training, and Lab Safety.
- When you are finished, feel free to print the certificate of completion for a record of your training
UNH CEMS only works through Boise State’s IP address. You will either need to complete the above training materials while on campus or use Boise State’s Virtual Private Network (VPN). This allows the user to use their IP address while off-campus. To use the VPN, please follow the directions after clicking on the link.
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI):
All BRC faculty, staff, students and associated members – who will work in the laboratories- are required to complete Biosafety Essentials CITI training. In addition to the required Biosafety Essentials training, you may also be required to complete additional training if you fall into one of you are a:
- BRC faculty, staff, and students who are Key Laboratory Personnel are required to complete Responsible Conduct for Research Training (RCR) for Biomedical Sciences CITI Training.
- BRC faculty, staff, and students who work in a Research Administration role are required to complete Responsible Conduct for Research Training (RCR) for Research Administration CITI Training.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW USERS:
- Go to the CITI homepage: www.citiprogram.org
- Click on, “Register” under Create an Account. DO NOT select “Log in through my institution.” Boise State does not yet have single-sign-on capabilities with the CITI program
- Type in “Boise State University” to search for your organization affiliation.
- Complete additional registration steps 2-7.
- When selecting your training curriculum, choose a group that is appropriate to your area of research. See below for
Additional training will be required to utilize the Tissue Culture Facility and individual instrumentation and/or as required by The Office of Research Compliance.