A message from Dr. Tony Roark, Interim Provost and Vice President

Dear Boise State family,

As you know, a few weeks ago, our faculty had to move quickly to prepare and deliver all of their courses remotely for the remainder of the academic year so that we could keep our community as safe as possible. I am happy to share that they did so with creativity, positivity and rigor — striving for the same level of engagement and student care for which our Boise State faculty are known.

Within minutes of learning we would not be able to keep gathering in our classrooms, faculty who were familiar with online teaching began to set up virtual workshops to help their colleagues prepare. They connected with students and designed new practices so that valuable classroom dialogues could still take place.

I am impressed with their efforts to serve our students in innovative ways, and I want to assure you that we are as committed as ever to delivering a signature, high-quality education to all of our students.

At Boise State, we describe ourselves as tenacious, relentless and strong. I think you will agree that much of what is happening in our remote-learning environment will be transformative for all of us, and I believe that we will emerge from this challenge more skilled and resilient than ever.

All my best,
Tony Roark