Summer Registration Begins Feb. 22
Even though there’s still snow on the mountains, it’s not too early to be thinking of summer classes for your student. Registration for Boise State summer classes opened on Tuesday, February 22.
Summer classes can help your student graduate faster, pursue a minor or take a more manageable course load during the academic year. Over 10,000 students took summer classes last year. In fact, 80% of 2021 Boise State graduates took summer classes during their time here.
In a recent survey of summer students, over 92% of respondents rated their experience with summer classes as “good” or “great”.
What else are students saying about summer classes?
For Makayla, summer classes allowed her to earn a certificate along with her degree. She didn’t have time in her regular schedule, so summer classes allowed her to add something that she wanted to do.
“It made me more well-rounded for the career that I want, and it allowed me to do something that I didn’t have time for prior,” said Makayla.
Caleb enjoyed the organized, self-paced online summer courses and the ability to focus on one class at a time. By taking summer courses, Caleb could stay on track for graduation, even with his double major!
“Taking summer courses is a great way to stay on track,” Caleb shared.
Summer Reduced Per-credit Tuition Rates
(tuition reduced for regular fee programs/classes)
Idaho Residents: $293 per credit
Non-Residents: $328 per credit
Idaho Residents: $368 per credit
Non-Residents: $403 per credit
There are lots of great reasons students enroll in summer classes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Stay focused: Taking summer classes can help lighten your student’s course load in spring or fall and let them focus on one or two courses at a time.
- Reach goals sooner: Summer classes can help your student graduate faster or get that prerequisite for the fall semester out of the way.
- Maximum flexibility: Students can take online and remote classes from anywhere or enjoy classes on campus.
- Course offerings: There are more than 1,000 class offerings available, giving your student plenty of options to choose from.
- Flexible sessions: Summer classes are offered in various session lengths, from three-week sessions to 14-week sessions with start dates in May, June and July. View the summer session schedule by clicking on this link .
- Save Money: Summer per-credit rates are less than fall and spring per-credit rates for regular fee-paying programs. Your student may also be eligible for summer financial aid. Learn more on the Summer Financial Aid page.
- Campus Resources: Student support services are available on campus over the summer, as well as free online tutoring and other academic support for students not in Boise.
- On Campus Housing: On-campus housing is available so your student can earn credits and enjoy all the non-academic summer fun Boise has to offer.
Learn more about summer sessions and check out our class list at go.boisestate.edu/summer
If you have questions, contact Regina Jenkins, Director of Summer Sessions, at (208) 426-3295 or email@example.com.