Summer Financial Aid
Summer financial aid is awarded separately from fall and spring semesters.
Awards are determined by the classes you are registered for and any aid you have remaining from the academic year.
- Finalize your summer class schedule. Summer registration begins February 18. Finalize your schedule by mid-April if possible. Classes for Pell Grant and Direct Loan consideration must be added by June 9, 2020.
- Monitor your Student Homepage for Holds or To Do items that could prevent summer aid awarding or disbursement.
- Log into my.BoiseState.edu
- Check your internet setting to allow pop-up screens
- Select the Student Homepage tile
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Select the 2020 Aid Year for summer aid
- Select the “Request Summer Loans” link to check your eligibility and to request federal unsubsidized or subsidized loans.
- A new To Do item will appear on your Student Center within 24 hours that says “19-20 Summer Loan Request”. This means your request was successful and your aid is being processed.
- The Pell Grant will be automatically awarded within 6 weeks of registering for your classes if you are eligible.
- You’ll receive an email notification that your aid is awarded. Visit the Financial Aid tile to accept, decline, or reduce your loans. Your Pell Grant is automatically accepted on your behalf.
|First session you are enrolled in||Earliest date you will receive your financial aid|
|1st 3-week, 1st 7-week or 14-week||May 6 or end of May for students who attended Spring 2020*|
|1st 5-week or 10-week||May 27|
|2nd 7-week||June 24|
|2nd 5-week||July 1|
|2nd 3-week||July 22|
- Aid will be disbursed (released to pay fees) 3 business days before the start of your earliest session unless you attended spring 2020 semester:
- *Disbursement for sessions which start May 11 may be delayed if you attended spring 2020 semester. We must wait for grades to be finalized and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be checked before releasing funds.
- If you didn’t attend spring semester, your aid will release 3 business days before the start of your first session – as early as May 6 for the first sessions beginning May 11.
- Holds, To Do items, or enrolling in too few credits can prevent your aid from disbursing. Make sure your schedule is finalized early (wait-listed classes excluded from counting for financial aid purposes).
- Dropping classes, even before they have begun, can affect your aid if it has already been awarded. Please contact our office via phone or in-person to discuss the impact to your aid award.
- Review our other summer dates and deadlines.