NEW Leadership Idaho, a national nonpartisan college student leadership training program addressing women’s underrepresentation in politics, seeks student applicants to spend a week in Boise (May 22-26) learning about the important role that politics plays in their lives and studying leadership skills applicable in both public and private sector positions. Students will interact with and learn from many of Idaho’s political, community and business leaders. Applications are due March 24, 2023.
- Participants must be current college students, and either be from Idaho or be attending college in Idaho.
- Applications can be completed online and are due March 24, 2023.
- Below we have included materials to share this with your students, including: a flier, sample text that you can edit, and images with sample text for sharing on social media.
- Support interested students in your unit by providing financial support for their participation.
- We invite you, or representatives of your unit, to join us for an networking reception at the program on Wednesday, May 24, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Please let us know if you want to attend and we will share more information.
Message to Share with Students
I am writing to share an exciting opportunity to participate in NEW Leadership Idaho, a national nonpartisan college students’ public leadership training program addressing women’s underrepresentation in politics.
NEW Leadership IdahoⓇ will be held on the Boise State University campus from May 22-26, 2023. As a participant, you will join 25 college-aged students from across Idaho for five days of dynamic programming. You can expect to attend sessions about politics and leadership with distinguished speakers and panelists, engage in networking opportunities and participate in a timely policy simulation at the Idaho State Capitol. On-campus housing and meals are provided free of charge to participants.
You must be a current college student to participate, and either be from Idaho or be attending college in Idaho. Applications can be completed online and are due March 15, 2023, and you will hear back about your application by the middle of April.
Please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.