Our Graduate Programs meet the needs of both full-time students and working professionals desiring a schedule-flexible, first-class business education.
MSAT classes are offered through a combination of day and evening times. Classes are kept small so students can take an active role in their learning experience.
- Students learn from nationally recognized faculty who possess valuable industry experience and PhDs from top schools.
- The programs focus on working professionals to create abundant networking opportunities and a stimulating learning environment.
- Our strong reputation and close relationships with the Boise business community provides graduates with a wide array of internship and employment opportunities.
Boise State University MSAT candidates possess a high degree of motivation and an aptitude for graduate study. Our MSAT students have a background in accountancy with a strong interest in the field of taxation.
An MSAT candidate must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from a regionally accredited institution
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or better
- Hold a current CPA, CIA, or CMA license or achieve a minimum score of 500 on the GMAT
ACCT 205 Intro to Financial Acctg (3)
ACCT 206 Intro to Managerial Acctg (3)
Intermediate Accounting Concepts:
ACCT 290 Mastering the Accounting Cycle (1)
ACCT 304 Intermediate Accounting I (3)
ACCT 306 Intermediate Accounting II (3)
ACCT 314 Cost Accounting (3)
ACCT 350 Accounting Information Systems (3)
ACCT 410 Advanced Accounting (3)
Taxation and Audit Concepts:
ACCT 302 Survey Federal Income Tax (3)
ACCT 405 Financial Statement Auditing (3)
Business Core – 15 credits from:
BusCom 201 Business Communication (3)
EC201 Macro Economics (3)
EC202 Micro Economics (3)
BusStat 207 Business Statistics (3)
BusStat 208 Business Statistics (3)
GenBus 304 Law for Accountants I (3)*
GenBus 305 Law for Accountants II (3)*
Finan 303 Principles of Finance (3)
Mgmt 301 Leadership Skills (3)
Mktg 301 Principles of Marketing (3)
SCM345 Principles of Operations Management (3)
* GenBus recommended for CPA exam