Our group is in the Department of Computer Science, College of Engineering, as a part of Computing program (including Ph.D.) at the Boise State University.
Dr. Long is also an affiliated faculty to the Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES), at Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
Sponsored by DOE, INL, CAES and BSU, our research focuses on:
- Nuclear materials modeling in multi length scales, including phase-field modeling (MOOSE/MARMOT) and engineering scale modeling (MOOSE/BISON).
- Microstructural evolution of materials in nuclear fuel pellets (UO2, U3Si2), cladding (Zr)
- Microstructural evolution of materials in additive manufactured parts (stainless steel) in nuclear reactors.
- Scientific programming, high-performance computing.
- Data science in fundamental science.
- Hydrodynamics (HD) and magnetohydrodynamics (MHD).
- Nuclear astrophysics, plasma, accretion, jets and outflow, galactic black holes.