Funded Graduate Research Opportunity # 1
A funded graduate student research opportunity as early as Spring 2019 is available within the Fiber optics, Lasers, and Integrated photonics Research (FLAIR) laboratory. The graduate student will be expected to involved in the design, construction, and deployment of an Infrared Thermography imaging system that has several important applications. The selected student will work with a team of graduate students and utilize an extensive suite of optical characterization resources within the FLAIR lab.
- The student must have a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- The student must be motivated to learn how to use optical equipment and be willing to work in a team with diverse student population within the group.
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents are preferred.
Optional but Preferred Candidate Background
- A background in Optics/Electromagnetics /Antennas is preferred.
- Comsol modeling, Matlab, and/or Labview expertise would be helpful
Funded Undergraduate Research Opportunity
Our lab is always interested in hiring and training undergraduate students. We expect the students to be enrolled in EE or Physics majors.
Interested students may contact Dr. Nirmala Kandadai (email@example.com)