NEW! Lab Access Requirements
With the ongoing coronavirus pandemic going on around us, we must be diligent in how we conduct business in the IML shared user facility. The new IML access requirements and safety protocols are set up to protect you and others from inadvertently transmitting the virus since some of us may be carriers but asymptomatic. Keep in mind the safety protocols only work when they are followed precisely.
EXISTING IML users can regain access by following the steps listed below while NEW users can gain access by following the steps under NEW Boise State Users
EXISTING Boise State Users
- Provide a copy of your approved PI COOP plan to the IML lab manager.
- Make sure your BSU General Lab Safety is current and up to date (Jon Scaggs training).
- Make sure your IML Safety Training SOP is current and up to date along with your Student Users Agreement and Access Request documents.
- READ THE IML LIMITED ACCESS SOP AND COMPLETE THE SHORT QUIZ IN BLACKBOARD.
- Contact IML staff to inform them of your intentions for using the lab. iLabs reservations now require a 24 hour advance notice.
NEW Boise State Users
- Email College of Engineering Lab Safety Specialist Jon Scaggs at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time for general COEN lab safety.
- Enroll in the IML course on Blackboard by contacting lab director Peter Miranda.
- Review the General IML SOP and complete the short quiz in Blackboard.
- READ THE IML LIMITED ACCESS SOP AND COMPLETE THE SHORT QUIZ IN BLACKBOARD
- Complete IML access forms (Student User Agreement & Access Request) located in Blackboard under course documents. Return to the IML lab manager.
- Create an iLabs account. A tutorial is available on Blackboard. Your PI will need to assign an account code for billing purposes.
- Contact Lab Support Engineer Travis Gabel to get the details of how to complete general IML orientation and training under the new COVID-19 safety protocols.
- After completing steps 1-5, contact Travis Gabel for tool-specific training.
Industry customers may choose between two options when requesting access to the lab. In cases where the customer wishes to have services performed by IML staff, generally, there will need to be an External Customer Users Agreement in place prior to work commencement. If customers wish to access the lab and have access to equipment, a BSU Facilities Use Agreement must be executed.
- Complete a New IML External Users Access Request Form and return to IML Director, Peter Miranda.
- Complete required safety training.
- Create an iLabs account.
- Contact Lab Support Engineer Travis Gabel to complete general IML orientation and training.
- After completing steps 1-4, contact Travis Gabel for tool-specific training.
For a complete list of user fees, please reference the User Fees page.