Skip to main content

Finish In Four

Engineering’s Finish in Four

The College of Engineering participates in Finish in Four with six undergraduate degree programs including: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Finish in Four is designed to encourage first-year students to graduate from Boise State in four years.

  • First-year students sign an agreement to participate and there is no penalty for withdrawing from the program.
  • Boise State assumes tuition responsibility for required course(s) needed for degree completion if not available.
  • Participants who remain on track and in good academic standing are eligible for early registration.

How to Participate

Meet with an Academic Advisor

Meet with an academic advisor in your major department. Check your myBoiseState account to identify and contact your academic advisor. Click the link below.

Review the Agreement

Review the agreement prior to meeting with your advisor.

Develop a Four-Year Plan

You and your advisor will work together to develop a four-year plan. All plans will be displayed in Degree Tracker, allowing students and advisors to view progress and ease enrollment.

Complete the Plan and Sign

Both the student and the advisor must sign the agreement. Send the four-year plan and the agreement to:

Advising and Academic Support Center (MS1150)
Simplot/Micron Advising and Success Hub

Meet Your Engineering

Academic Advisor

Students meet with an academic advisor who assists with planning, course registration, and career guidance. Work with your academic advisor to create a four-year plan designed for you.

Schedule Appointment

What if a Student Cannot Complete the Finish In Four Requirements?

There are no formal penalties for not completing Finish In Four program requirements, but students will be ineligible for early registration.

Before you decide to withdraw from Finish In Four, please talk to your advisor. It is possible to “stop the clock” in the event of health problems, family emergencies, and other approved and documented leaves of absence.