Our lab is home to a variety of equipment for characterization of optical properties, solar collectors, and water desalination. The list below provides a high-level description of our capabilities.
- Spectroscopic characterization of materials: UV-Vis spectrometers, and FTIR spectrometer.
- Thin film and membrane fabrication: blade coater, dip coater, and spin coater.
- Photovoltaic characterization: IV tracers, and on-sun characterization of solar flux.
- Desalination: custom direct contact membrane desalination test setup
- High temperature erosion: two high temperature kilns (~ 1000 C) with apparatuses for characterizing abrasion and particle attrition.