COVID Testing Center
Insurance and payments
If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card with you to your appointment. The COVID Testing Center will bill your insurance, and you will not be charged a copay or other out-of-pocket fees.
Boise State students and employees who do not have insurance but are required to test by the university will never be charged a fee for testing services. Additionally, those under 18 will not be turned away regardless of ability to pay.
All other individuals without insurance may pay, with check or credit card, to be tested by Boise State, or can request a Vault mail-in test at no cost.
Boise State University continues to offer ongoing saliva testing (RT-PCR) appointments.
To get tested, you should:
- Find dates and times for testing at the scheduling website.
- In addition, you will have to complete the online registration to create your Patient Portal. All patients must have an email address to register. If you are registering your child with an email address that has been used to register before, please call us so we can link your child to that email address. Contact (208) 426-1038 if you need to link email addresses or have general questions about registering.
If you’ve tested at the on-campus COVID Testing Center before, you don’t need to re-register.
- You must not eat, drink or smoke for at least 30 minutes prior to your testing appointment.
- Results will be emailed to you in 1-3 business days and can be accessed through your patient portal. Try to access and view your results from a computer rather than a mobile device and disable pop-up blockers. If you choose to use a mobile device, do not use the Safari web browser. Google Chrome is the preferred browser for both computer and mobile access.
About the testing center
The Boise State COVID Testing Center was established in fall 2020 in response to the pandemic. The center is operated by Boise State students and staff as a program of the Public Health Office in accordance with University Policy 9270: Communicable Disease.
The testing center provides appointments for COVID testing services only, and is not a clinic or primary care facility that administers healthcare.
Boise State now offers appointments for saliva based RT-PCR diagnostic COVID-19 tests:
- University students, employees, and family members
- Members of the general public not affiliated with Boise State
- Inquiries for organizations and businesses see “Community partner signup” section below
Campus School is located between the Brady Street Garage, Interactive Learning Center and the Mathematics Building. For the testing center, enter using the northeast entrance which can be accessed from the parking lot located between Campus School and the Interactive Learning Center.
Limited complimentary parking is available in the parking lot located northeast of Campus School, or in the Brady Street Garage during your appointment. Additional pay-to-park options are available in the Brady Street Garage.
- Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. by appointment. Mobile testing kit pickup and dropoff is also available to individuals without an appointment. Kits are available outside of Campus School.
Operating days and hours are subject to change. The COVID Testing Center is not open on days of university closure.
If you are feeling unwell and unable to go about your normal campus activities, do not report to the testing center. Contact University Health Services or your primary healthcare provider for guidance. If you are experiencing emergency symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility.
To report COVID symptoms, exposures, or a positive case, contact the university Public Health office at (208) 426-2968 or email@example.com and a team member will discuss next steps with you.
About the test
The Boise State COVID Testing Center administers a saliva based RT-PCR diagnostic COVID-19 test that will show if you have an active coronavirus infection and need to isolate yourself from others. To learn more, please visit our testing process web page.
Community partner signup
The Boise State COVID Testing Center works with organizations and businesses in the community to facilitate surveillance testing or processing of samples collected from their members or employees. Availability is limited and subject to change based on campus testing needs and the testing needs of those in groups prioritized by Governor Little’s State Testing Taskforce.
If you or your organization would like to partner with the Boise State COVID Testing Center to provide testing for your organization or business, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a community member whose organization or business is already partnering with the COVID Testing Center, follow the email instructions provided to your organization or business on how to sign up for your test.
Testing at the Boise State COVID Testing Center remains available and is encouraged for any campus community member who has concerns about symptoms or possible exposure.
In certain cases, on-campus residents may be granted temporary exemption from testing. To find out more about exemptions, visit the testing exemptions webpage.